DynCorp International LLC. Ground Support Equipment Mechanic in FORT RILEY, Kansas
- Job Summary *
TheGround Support Equipment Mechanicdiagnoses malfunctions and repairs Ground Support Equipment (GSE)
- Advises and trains lower grade workers on diagnosis and repair of less complex repair/maintenance problems
- Inspects and approves completed maintenance actions, solves repair problems by studying drawings, wiring diagrams and schematics, and technical publications
- Uses automated maintenance data systems to monitor maintenance trends, analyze equipment requirements, maintain equipment records, and document maintenance actions, and analyzes, diagnosis, and repairs GSE using conventional and digital multi-meters, voltmeters, ohmmeters, frequency counters, oscilloscopes, circuit card testers, transistor testers, and hand tools.
- Maintains external fuel and grounding systems
- Performs scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on GSE
- Inspects, tests, and operates GSE to determine equipment serviceability and proper operation
- Services equipment with fuel, oil, water, coolant, hydraulic fluid, refrigerant, and compressed air
- Diagnoses mechanical and electronic circuitry malfunctions using visual and auditory senses, test equipment, and technical publications
- Disassembles and assembles malfunctioning GSE accessories and components
- Removes, disassembles repairs, cleans, treats for corrosion, assembles, and reinstalls GSE components and accessories, stencils and marks GSE in accordance with technical publications, stores, handles, labels, uses, and disposes of hazardous materials and waste in accordance with all state, local, and federal environmental standards and regulations.
- Prepares GSE for storage and mobility deployment; and operates, cleans, inspects, and services GSE towing vehicles.
- Maintaining vehicle records
- Maintains and updates paper and electronic equipment records
- Provides dispatch service for GSE, including positioning equipment to support aircraft maintenance and flying operations
- Practices good housekeeping, tool control, Foreign Object Damage prevention, and safety at all times.
Perform other duties as requested
Knowledge & Skills
Must have mechanical/technical skills appropriate for depot level maintenance on aviation support equipment to include troubleshooting, repair, and operation of equipment.
- Must have knowledge and proficiency in corrosion control methods for aviation support equipment.
- Advanced understanding and proficiency in the use of common hand tools, multimeters, and other specialize tools required for depot level maintenance of aviation support equipment.
- Proficiency in one or more of the following disciplines: mechanical, hydraulics, aviation electrician, avionics, sheet metal, welding, machining, NDI, gas turbine engine maintenance, diesel engine overhaul.
- Knowledge of COMNAVAIRFORINST 4790 maintenance and quality procedures.
- Ability to interpret drawings, wiring diagrams, schematics, and technical publications.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel, and demonstrate the ability to use a computer to order parts, research data, and document maintenance electronically is required.
- Experience & Education *
Minimum high school diploma or equivalent.
- Specialized training courses are highly desirable.
- Former military specialized training in aviation/aviation support equipment is desirable.
Minimum of four (4) years actual and recent experience in maintenance, repair, modification, and corrosion control of aviation support equipment is required.
- Physical Requirements/Working Environment *
Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Will be required to climb and maneuver on equipment. Will include working on gear from work stands and working underneath gear on creepers. Will require working in tight quarters.
- Must be able to kneel, crouch, stoop, bend and twist at the waist, stand for extended periods, walk periodically throughout the shift, grip tools and wrenches, and operate hand controls and foot controls.
- May be exposed to heat and cold for extended periods during the work shift.
- May work inside building work bays on concrete floors and outside on concrete, asphalt or gravel tarmacs.
- May be required to wear a respirator and pass a physical exam.
May be required to operate forklifts, hoists, and cranes and pass a physical exam to qualify.
- Travel *
May be required to travel to support Contractor Field Team deployments to conduct repairs, maintenance, modification and logistics support.
Job: *Aviation / Support
Title: Ground Support Equipment Mechanic
Location: UNITED STATES-KANSAS-FORT RILEY
Requisition ID: 1801142