Olgoonik Development Assistant Project Manager in Ft. Riley, Kansas
The Assistant Project Manager is responsible for managing and directing work for all projects as assigned.
- Oversees multiple projects and proposals to meet and exceed contract goals and objectives.
- Establishes progress and procurement schedules.
- Submits documents to the government and disseminates documentation to the appropriate subcontractors and vendors.
- Maintains general contract and subcontract documentation and supports in monitoring administrative procedures intrinsic to the projects.
- Schedules, selects, and directs subcontractors for job specific tasks.
- Manages the relationship between the customers and sub-contractor (as needed) in execution of changes/modifications to the contract.
- Tracks and processes additional requirements and contract modifications.
- Prepares project reports covering company operations and contract deliverables.
- Reviews subcontractor project reports, customer input, and brief management on issues.
- Coordinates with appropriate vendors and organizations external to company and customer.
- Provides support in ensuring all invoicing and accounting is completed when tasked.
- Ensures timely and cost effective performance of duties.
- Assumes other project responsibilities as necessary.
- Schedule work force and site superintendent to complete the project within the time and budget constraints given.
- Select and hire the appropriate labor force necessary to complete the contract.
- Direct workflow of the contract from the pre-proposal stage to final completion.
- Independently execute contract requirements with minimal oversight and in line with the FAR.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma.
- Must have at least five years’ experience in construction with emphasis in project coordination and processing for small to medium sized construction projects.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience with contract negotiations and knowledge of the FAR.
- Must have understanding of company procedures for resource acquisition and support.
- Interpersonal skills sufficient to positively influence employees and subcontractors to actively achieve mutual goals.
- Must have understanding of Government Contracts, Statements of Work, correspondence, reports, and records.
- Proven ability to communicate with employees and customers including government.
- Must possess capability to manage multiple tasks concurrently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Suite of products including, Word, Excel, Access, and E-mail business software.
- Must have experience with estimating, cost control and project scheduling.
- Must demonstrate a good attitude and ability to work as a member of a team.
- Position requires self-motivation and the ability to work effectively under a minimum of supervision.
- Must be able to multi-task efficiently, work in a fast paced environment on multiple projects, and have a strong attention for detail.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to be able to occasionally stand; walk; sit; use hands and/or fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; operate office equipment, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 25 pounds.
General office environment. Some travel both required based on business demands.
Subsidiary: Olgoonik Diversified Services
Location: KS - Ft. Riley
Requisition Number: 2012245
City: Ft. Riley
# of openings: 1