Kansas State University Libraries Asst Sports Medicine Trainer in Manhattan, Kansas
About This Role:
K-State Athletics is seeking qualified applicants for an Assistant Athletic Trainer (Track & Field), which is a full-time, salaried, benefits-eligible position.
An example of job duties includes but are not limited to:
- Administer preventative taping on student-athletes, purchase and fit special equipment on student-athletes, maintain safety equipment at practices and games/competitions to aid in the prevention of athletic injuries, and administer emergency procedures to injured athletes during practices and games/competitions;
- Coordinate NCAA and Big 12 Conference on-site drug testing and institutional drug testing as directed by the Director of Sports Medicine; and
- Under the direction of the team physician, assist in the application of therapeutic modalities and treatments, implement rehabilitation programs for players after surgery for off-season injuries or preventative exercise.
Why Join Us:
We are looking for candidates who want to become a member of our staff to help advance student-athlete care through our sports medicine program.
With an unprecedented combination of Championship Athletic Performances and academic accomplishments, K-State Athletics Inc. is accelerating towards its Vision of a Model Intercollegiate Athletics Program, including its top goal of providing a World Class Student-Athlete Experience.
In support of K-State's 2025 plan to move the Kansas State University into the ranks of the top 50 public research institutions, K-State Athletics has completed $210 million in facility improvements since 2010 benefiting each of K-State's 16 sports and 450 student-athletes, while earning national recognition as one of America's most financially solvent programs.
For more information on K-State Athletics, please visit http://www.kstatesports.com
For more information on Manhattan, KS and the University, please visit http://www.k-state.edu/hcs/jobs/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university actively seeks candidates whose commitments and contributions will advance the University's commitment to the Principles of Community.
What You'll Need to Succeed:
- Master's Degree in kinesiology, athletic training, sports medicine, sports science or other related field; and
- Two years of athletic training experience with a NCAA Division I program.
- Three to five years of athletic training experience with a NCAA DIvision I program or professional sports organization .
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment;
- Proof of current BOC/NATA certification;
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays as required;
- Must have a valid driver's license at all times; and
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
This position holds expectations of compliance with all NCAA, Big 12 Conference, Kansas State University and K-State Athletics, Inc. rules and regulations.
How to Apply:
Please complete the online application and submit/upload the following documents:
- Cover letter indicating why you are qualified for position
- Resume with proof of current BOC/NATA certification
- Three professional references that includes contact information (name, title, phone number, email address)
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled
- Medical, dental and vision health plans
- Retirement plan
- Earned leave plan – vacation and sick
- Term life insurance
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Paid KSU designated holidays
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Department: 3670001110 K-State Athletics Inc (Agcy)
Job no: 503866
Work type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Advertised: 16 May 2018 Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Open until filled