Kansas State University Libraries Custodial Specialist (Temporary) in Manhattan, Kansas
About This Role:
This part-time, temporary position provides cleaning services to a K-State residence hall. The services support an appealing, comfortable environment for residents and guests. During certain times of the year, our cleaning/housekeeping team is responsible for providing hotel type services for conference guests and for deep cleaning facilities. Work hours are 9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., Saturday and Sunday.
Why Join Us:
If you enjoy cleaning, are dependable and self-motivated, this is a great “week-end job”. You can help provide a safe, comfortable environment for our students and guests while earning some extra money.
More than 5,000 students call our campus home. With ten residence halls, a large apartment community, an honors house, three dining centers, a restaurant, coffee shop, bakery, and convenience stores, our students and guests have affordable, convenient, clean and comfortable accommodations and services. See more at http://housing.k-state.edu/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university actively seeks individuals whose commitments and contributions will advance the University's dedication to the Principles of Community.
- Performs a variety of cleaning and minor repair tasks using cleaning equipment and various cleaning chemicals and disinfectant products. Routine cleaning includes trash removal; vacuuming; dusting; mopping; washing and disinfecting surfaces and fixtures; cleaning and sanitizing restrooms.
- Provides hotel type housekeeping services for conference groups and other guests residing in departmental facilities.
- Selects, uses, maintains and protects tools and equipment used on the job. Adequately stocks cleaning carts.
- During certain times of the year, cleans assigned residence hall student rooms and deep cleans other areas as assigned to prepare for student and guest occupancy.
- Completes other duties as assigned. Performs all duties in a manner that promotes a harmonious work environment that espouses civility and the University Principles of Community.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
*Preferred Qualifications: *
- Custodial/housekeeping experience
- Knowledge of the use and care of commercial/industrial cleaning equipment
- Ability to work harmoniously and effectively with others and to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to complete basic maintenance repairs
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
- Bloodborne pathogens training to be completed within 30 days of employment.
How to Apply:
Please complete the online application form
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until filled.
Salary Range/ Pay Rate:
$9.68 - $14.04 per hour
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Department: 3670009200 Department of Housing & Dining
Job no: 503424
Work type: Temporary Part-time
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Custodial, Customer Service
Advertised: 12 Mar 2018 Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Open until filled