Kansas State University Libraries Office Specialist I (Dispatcher) in Manhattan, Kansas
About This Role:
Parking Services is looking for an Office Specialist I (Dispatcher) to join their team. You would be the first and sometimes only contact for campus visitors, vendors, departments and employees. We are looking for someone with excellent communication and customer service skills that will provide prompt and accurate directions for our customers.
- Communicate information across personnel/customers, and apply knowledge of K-State Traffic & Parking Regulations.
- Monitors daily activity log of wheel locks, tows, parking control officers, and maintenance personnel calls.
- Analyze reports, creates accounts, merges accounts, classifies customers, and assigns vehicle information and citation.
- Acts as the department receptionist, providing information to the public and providing assistance when necessary.
- Provides training to personnel as needed.
Why Join Us:
If you enjoy working with a variety of people and want to learn more about K-State, we can make that happen through a challenging, yet rewarding, job with Parking Services. You will interact daily with customers, both in person and by phone, who contribute to the growth and success of the University. Work independently and as part of a team, and enjoy all the benefits that K-State has to offer.
This position is benefits eligible: health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, tuition assistance program, paid time off – vacation, sick and holidays.
To learn more visit: http://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university actively seeks individuals whose commitments and contributions will advance the University's dedication to the Principles of Community.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Requires six months of relevant experience in general office, clerical or administrative support work.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum one year customer service
- Computer experience in an office setting
- Experience with: multi-line phone system, two-way radio, computer terminal and keyboard, copier with fax and scanner
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
- Cover letter
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately. For best consideration, apply by March 23, 2018.
Salary Range/ Pay Rate:
$11.48 - $17.22 per hour
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Department: 3670005051 Parking Services
Job no: 503448
Work type: Staff Full Time (USS)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Office / Clerical, Customer Service
Advertised: 14 Mar 2018 Central Daylight Time Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Open until filled