Kansas State University Libraries Office Specialist II in Manhattan, Kansas
About This Role:
This position provides administrative support to the dean’s office and academic and professional programs (APP) unit and the associate dean for program development and administration at Kansas State University Global Campus. The incumbent is responsible for assigned projects, participation in and support of select committees and general office support to include managing multiple calendars, scheduling meetings and taking and preparing meeting minutes. This position reports to the executive assistant to the dean and works closely with the associate dean for program development and administration.
In all of the responsibilities listed below, the office specialist will be required to be discreet, maintain confidentiality, and positively represent Kansas State University and K-State Global Campus.
Major areas of responsibility include:
Administrative support (45%)
Supervision of student employees (10%)
Global Campus and university service (5%)
For a full position description, visit http://global.k-state.edu/about/employment/
Why Join Us:
The mission of K-State Global Campus is to extend Kansas State University’s intellectual resources through quality degree programs, lifelong learning and professional development opportunities. K-State Global Campus is the fourth campus of Kansas State University and is located in Manhattan, Kansas.
For more information about K-State Global Campus go to http://global.k-state.edu/about/.
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university actively seeks individuals whose commitments and contributions will advance the University's dedication to the Principles of Community.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- One year of relevant experience.
- Two years of relevant experience with administrative support duties in an executive educational setting
- Two or four year college degree
- Ability to work with a very diverse client group and to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Proven interpersonal skills and successful experience working collaboratively as part of a team
- Demonstrated dependability and customer service
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including ability to edit written materials for accuracy and professional results
- Ability to understand, interpret and implement policy and procedures and to problem solve effectively
- Ability to organize and proceed on own initiative with minimal supervision
- Ability to determine timelines, set priorities and meet established deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects from inception to completion with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Creative and innovative thinking skills to contribute to organizational and individual objectives
- Demonstrated initiative and persistence in meeting organizational goals
- Ability to analyze and improve existing on-site procedures for functionality
- Well-developed computer skills using Microsoft Office, (to include Word, Access, Excel and PowerPoint), internet search engines, videoconferencing programs, web-based calendar and e-mail collaboration software, web-based group scheduling software or comparable software
- Familiarity with online learning management systems
- University or academic experience with knowledge of Kansas State University
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
- Cover letter addressing your qualifications and skills related to the position
- Resume or curriculum vita listing education and employment history
- Three professional references including name, address, phone number (mobile number if appropriate) and email address
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately. For best consideration, apply by May 25, 2018.
Salary Range/ Pay Rate:
Please note: the minimum pay rate for this position is $12.63/hour. Actual salary will be determined based on the candidate’s experience, education, internal equity and departmental funding. Salary offers are typically made between the minimum and midpoint of the salary range. The range indicated includes both the typical hiring range and potential future progression.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Department: 3670030010 K-State Global Campus
Job no: 503811
Work type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Administrative / Professional, Office / Clerical
Advertised: 11 May 2018 Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Open until filled