Parker Hannifin Corp Production Worker - Lead Stripper Operator - 2nd & 3rd Shift Openings in Manhattan, Kansas
Production Worker - Lead Stripper Operator - 2nd & 3rd Shift Openings
KS-Manhattan, United States
Group: Fluid Connector Grp N. America
Job Family: Manufacturing
Job ID: 9015-1A
< Return to Search Results
Department Marketing Statement
Founded in 1917, Parker Hannifin Corporation is a $12 billion, global company.
With annual sales of $12 billion in fiscal year 2017, Parker Hannifin is the world's leading diversified manufacturer of motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial and aerospace markets. The company has operations in 50 countries around the world. Parker has increased its annual dividends paid to shareholders for 61 consecutive fiscal years, among the top five longest-running dividend-increase records in the S&P 500 index.
Parker’s engineering expertise and broad range of core technologies uniquely positions the company to solve some of the world’s greatest engineering challenges. By partnering with customers, Parker improves their productivity and profitability and seeks new ways to solve humanity's biggest challenges.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Operate Lead Strip equipment.
- Strip white lead off hose for reuse in white lead system.
- Keep white lead grinders operating at full capacity
- Keep white lead extruder supplied with regrind white lead.
- Send hose to mandrel blow out for further disposition.
- Provide required samples to the QA department.
- Identify and eliminate known defects.
- Document good and non-conforming product.
- Correctly fill out required paperwork daily.
- Train new employees as needed.
- Detect and report problem areas or unusual conditions to supervisor.
- Perform related and other duties assigned by supervisor.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC/NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Work safely in accordance with regulations, standards, and procedures, and in a manner that eliminates unreasonable risk to health and the environment. Notify management of unsafe conditions or practices, unlawful activities and activities which present unreasonable health and/or environmental risk. Report all safety and/or environmental incidents to management immediately.
- Prevent excess waste of product and/or components by operating the equipment in an efficient manner.
- Maintain production schedules.
- Work with groups in initiating and implementation of programs such as Lean Manufacturing and 5-S.
- Other duties may be assigned at a later time
Education required: High School diploma or GED Experience: Production work preferred but not required. Preferred Skills/Qualifications: 1. Good verbal and interpersonal communication skills 2. Basic knowledge and use of hand tools 3. Sound decision making skills 4. Good math, reading, writing skills 5. Demonstrated mechanical aptitude 6. Strong trouble shooting skills 7. Be able to exercise continuous mental, visual, and audio attention 8. Ability to work well in a team environment Skills/Competencies: 1. Basic computer skills 2. Ability to monitor machine sounds to identify and diagnose changes in order to take appropriate action. 3. Vision: Near acuity and accommodation for reading information to perform job tasks. 4. Requires constant alertness to surroundings and product quality with attention to detail. Physical Requirements: Ability to: lift 10 pounds, lift 25 pounds occasionally, and up to 50 pounds rarely. Assessment: Employee must pass Pre-employment screening
Equal Employment Opportunity
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most positions.
(“Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor”)
If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprintposter.pdf and http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocgina_supplement.pdf
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.