Parker Hannifin Corp Production Worker - Mandrel Process Operator - 2nd & 3rd Shift Openings in Manhattan, Kansas
Production Worker - Mandrel Process Operator - 2nd & 3rd Shift Openings
KS-Manhattan, United States
Group: Fluid Connector Grp N. America
Job Family: Manufacturing
Job ID: 8928-1A
< Return to Search Results
Department Marketing Statement
Founded in 1917, Parker Hannifin Corporation is a $12 billion, global company.
With annual sales of $12 billion in fiscal year 2017, Parker Hannifin is the world's leading diversified manufacturer of motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial and aerospace markets. The company has operations in 50 countries around the world. Parker has increased its annual dividends paid to shareholders for 61 consecutive fiscal years, among the top five longest-running dividend-increase records in the S&P 500 index.
Parker’s engineering expertise and broad range of core technologies uniquely positions the company to solve some of the world’s greatest engineering challenges. By partnering with customers, Parker improves their productivity and profitability and seeks new ways to solve humanity's biggest challenges.
- Select proper mandrel and set up weld machine, prepare tank with correct lube, and set proper traverse setting.
- Operate the weld machine, paying particular attention to bond of weld, alignment of weld, and smoothness of out surface.
- Operate crimper for creating TPX mandrel splices.
- Measure the O.D. of mandrel with a Pi tape or sliding calipers to determine if the mandrel is within specification limits of diameter and ovality.
- Setup and use laser micrometer to monitor O.D./ovality.
- Prepare the lube tank, agitate the lubricant properly, and apply a consistent application of lubricant to the mandrel.
- Prepare and complete associated paperwork, i.e., time cards, weld logs, and dip logs.
- Utilize the computer to print mandrel cards.
- Must be able to read Pi tape.
- Requires constant alertness to the quality of the mandrel welds, O.D., and lube.
- Must be able to use sliding calipers.
- Maintain production schedules.
- Perform work per prescribed safety rules.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by shift supervisor.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC/NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Work safely in accordance with regulations, standards, and procedures, and in a manner that eliminates unreasonable risk to health and the environment. Notify management of unsafe conditions or practices, unlawful activities and activities which present unreasonable health and/or environmental risk. Report all safety and/or environmental incidents to management immediately.
- Prevent excess waste of product and/or components by operating the equipment in an efficient manner.
- Maintain production schedules.
- Work with groups in initiating and implementation of programs such as Lean Manufacturing and 5-S.
- Other duties may be assigned at a later time
Education required: High School diploma or GED Experience: Production work preferred but not required Preferred Skills/Qualifications: 1. Good verbal and interpersonal communication skills 2. Basic knowledge and use of hand tools 3. Sound decision making skills 4. Good math, reading, writing skills 5. Demonstrated mechanical aptitude 6. Strong trouble shooting skills 7. Be able to exercise continuous mental, visual, and audio attention 8. Ability to work well in a team environment Skills/Competencies: 1. Basic computer skills 2. Ability to monitor machine sounds to identify and diagnose changes in order to take appropriate action. 3. Vision: Near acuity and accommodation for reading information to perform job tasks. 4. Requires constant alertness to surroundings and product quality with attention to detail. Physical Requirements: Ability to: lift 10 pounds, lift 25 pounds occasionally, and up to 50 pounds rarely. Assessment: Employee must pass Pre-employment screening
Pay, Benefits, Work Schedule
• Competitive Pay • 401(k) Matching • Profit Sharing • Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Package • Disability and Life Insurance Package • Paid Vacation and Holidays • Career Advancement Opportunities
Equal Employment Opportunity
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most positions.
(“Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor”)
If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprintposter.pdf and http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocgina_supplement.pdf