Kansas State University Libraries Professor of Practice (Advanced Studio) in Manhattan, Kansas
About This Role:
The Department of Landscape Architecture and Regional & Community Planning (LARCP) in the College of Architecture, Planning and Design(APDesign) at Kansas State University is seeking qualified candidates to teach landscape architecture advanced design studio and other courses in the core curricula as a* Professor of Practice (Advanced Studio)*. We are specifically seeking candidates with relevant experience in contemporary topics within landscape architecture practice.
The successful candidate will:
- Teach a graduate-level advanced studio with related advanced theory and/or research seminar addressing candidate’s area(s) of expertise
- Participate in departmental governance
- Contribute to an environment that fosters diversity and collegiality
Anticipated Start Date:
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University, with its enrollment of approximately 24,000 students, serves the region through innovation and commitment to its land grant mission. APDesign is an interdisciplinary environmental design college with accredited professional programs in Architecture, Interior Architecture & Product Design, Landscape Architecture, and Regional & Community Planning. APDesign faculty teach in the newly constructed Seaton/Regnier Complex, a world-class facility prominently located in central campus. LARCP offers accredited master’s degrees in Landscape Architecture and in Regional & Community Planning through five-year non-baccalaureate as well as traditional post-baccalaureate tracks. Please click here for more information about our faculty, vision, national recognition, and the City of Manhattan.
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university actively seeks individuals whose commitments and contributions will advance the University's dedication to the Principles of Community.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor of Landscape Architecture
- Expertise in one or more contemporary topics within landscape architecture practice
- Master of Landscape Architecture or closely aligned discipline
- And one or more of the following:
- Expertise related to APDesign resources (e.g. Fab Lab, experimental green roof, virtual reality technology) and related software
- Expertise recognized through awards, competitions, funded research, publications and/or other externally reviewed processes
- Experience with digital design workflows
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
- Letter of interest with clear statement of teaching capabilities
- Resume / Curriculum vitae
- Portfolio of work
- Names of three references (including title, relationship to candidate, mailing address, telephone number, and email address)
NOTE:All application materials must be submitted electronically to http://careers.k-state.edu/cw/en-us/job/503764
Questions and inquiries of interest may be made to the Search Committee Chair, Associate Professor Blake Belanger with the subject line " Professor of Practice (Advanced Studio)” or call 785-323-7917.
Questions on uploading application materials may be addressed to Project Coordinator Jody Hodges with the subject line " Professor of Practice (Advanced Studio)” or call 785-522-5961.
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately. For best consideration, apply by June 8,2018.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Department: 3670015050 Landscape Arch/Reg & Comm Plan
Job no: 503764
Work type: Academic / Faculty - 9 month
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Architecture / Construction / Planning
Advertised: 14 May 2018 Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Open until filled