Stormont-Vail Healthcare Ultrasonographer in Manhattan, Kansas
Produces two-dimensional ultrasonic recordings of internal organs for use by physicians in diagnosis of disease and study of malfunction of organs by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Selects equipment for use in ultrasound setup according to specifications of examination/protocol.
• Explains process to patient, and instructs and assists patient in assuming physical position for examination.
• Selects transducer and adjusts equipment controls according to organ to be examined, depth of field, and other specifications of test.
• Keys test data and patient information into computer of ultrasound equipment to maintain record of test results.
• Moves transducer, by hand, over specified area of body and observes sound wave display screen to monitor quality of ultrasonic pattern produced.
• Starts equipment, which produces images of internal organs and digitally records diagnostic data.
• Participates in training of Washburn University students as directed.
• Rotating call is a requirement of the position.
• Demonstrates knowledge of and performs proper high level disinfection processes for probe care.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must have completed an advanced training program in Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ex. Washburn University program or On Job Training resulting in registration).
• Must demonstrate excellent technical skills in multiple ultrasound exams.
• Non-tobacco user preferred.
Certificates and Licenses:
• Registry completion in at least one specialty.
• Additional registries may be required, as determined by department management.
• Current CPR certification.