Kansas State University Libraries Admissions Representative in Salina, Kansas
About This Role:
Our admissions representatives are the first point of contact for prospective students, so we are looking for engaging, warm, enthusiastic people who will quickly create meaningful relationships. We hire colleagues who are passionate about the value of higher education, and who want to help our students take the first step in continuing their education.
As an admissions representative, you will be expected to:
- Reach out to individuals via phone; take incoming calls; and place outbound calls to prospective students in a team environment.
- Interview prospective students to determine their motivation for attending college; understand their career goals and the obstacles that might prevent them from starting or continuing their education; help them to overcome those obstacles; and ultimately help them identify the degree-program that best matches their needs.
- Present information about the benefits of education and KSU Polytechnic Campus, tailoring their message to the student’s needs, motivation, and career goals.
- Will accomplish one-on-one admissions interviews via a consultative approach to prospective students from diverse populations.
- Guide prospective students through the admissions process by responding to questions, linking them to financial aid and academic advisors, assisting in gathering the documents necessary to start school.
- Maintain ongoing communications with prospects for enrollment at KSU Polytechnic Campus through multiple methods--primarily through emails, social media, letters and phone calls. Enter initial data and update as changes occur in HubSpot related to prospects for ongoing communications with prospects.
- Schedules, plans and executes special events on campus--such as enrollment days, transfer days, junior/senior days in coordination with other campus stakeholders and Marketing.
Why Join Us:
The Department of Enrollment Management is a fast-paced, dynamic unit charged with identifying, engaging, and recruiting students for the Kansas State University Polytechnic family.
The department serves as the primary recruitment experts driving attainment of current enrollment goals as well as future enrollment goals based on analysis of market research, program-specific and institutional capacity. They also identify and engage target audiences to sell niche products/services or recruit for unique programs and acquire new customers.
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university actively seeks individuals whose commitments and contributions will advance the University's dedication to the Principles of Community.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with prospects from diverse backgrounds and in varying situations.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Experience in recruitment in Higher Education, Marketing, Client Services, or Consulting.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment.
- Valid driver’s license upon employment.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume along with your online application.
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled.
Salary Range/ Pay Rate:
$36,674 – $56,845 ($17.63-27.33 per hour)
Please note: the minimum salary for this position is $36,674. Actual salary will be determined based on the candidate's experience, education, internal equity and departmental funding. Salary offers are typically made between the minimum and midpoint of the salary range. The range indicated includes both the typical hiring range and potential future progression
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Department: 3670085515 Poly Enrllmnt Mgmt & Mktg Svcs
Job no: 503749
Work type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified)
Location: Salina, Kansas
Categories: Academic Advising / Support, Administrative / Professional
Advertised: 10 May 2018 Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Open until filled