Kansas State University Libraries Aviation Maintenance Lab Technician (Engineering Technician) in Salina, Kansas
About This Role:
The Aviation Maintenance Lab Technician (Engineering Technician) provides valuable support to Aviation Maintenance Management faculty and students, including the following:
- Provide overall student assistance during lab session times
- Maintain shop and ground support equipment; build aviation-related training aids
- Maintain monitor tool room operations and organization of equipment, tooling, and projects
- Assist in maintaining a clean, organized educational environment—arranging equipment, tables, cabinets, and aircraft to optimize educational experiences
- Perform maintenance on aircraft and equipment in the educational environment and assist in continuity of long-term, ongoing enhancement projects
- Demonstrate actions guided by our Core Values
Why Join Us:
Kansas State Polytechnic's aviation maintenance program produces students who will become aerospace industry leaders in the field of aviation in areas such as advanced aviation sustainment systems, aftermarket and business sales, safety and quality. The program uses a practical learning environment and a laboratory setting to focus on the application of aviation science and technology by understanding how to service, support, inspect, maintain and operate all different types of aircraft and propulsion systems.
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university actively seeks individuals whose commitments and contributions will advance the University's dedication to the Principles of Community.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor degree within an aviation related discipline
- FAA Mechanic with Airframe and Powerplant ratings (A&P;)
- Must not have any conditions that preclude certification of aircraft run/taxi of aircraft and vehicles
- Masters degree in aviation or related field
- Current or previous Designated Mechanic Examiner (DME)
- Inspection Authorization (IA)
- Collegiate level Part 147 teaching experience, avionics and/or composites experience, previous airline, corporate, military aircraft maintenance experience
- Proficient computer skills such as MSOffice, CAD, ATP Navigator/ATP Hub, or other aviation related software experiences
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
- Physical exertion such as: pulling, pushing, reaching, bending, standing, walking and light lifting of boxes, bags, files and electronic equipment not in excess of 50 lbs. This person must be able to use ladders, work stands, lifts, etc.
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
- Letter of Application
- Resume with the names and contact information of three current, professional references (titles, mailing and emailing addresses, and phone numbers).
Note: Only complete application packets will be accepted.
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled.
Salary Range/ Pay Rate:
$37,633 - $65,858 ($18.09 - $31.66/hr)
Please note: the minimum salary for this position is $37,633. Actual salary will be determined based on the candidate's experience, education, internal equity and departmental funding. Salary offers are typically made between the minimum and midpoint of the salary range. The range indicated includes both the typical hiring range and potential future progression.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Department: 3670085520 Poly Sch of Integrated Studies
Job no: 503416
Work type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified)
Location: Salina, Kansas
Categories: Administrative / Professional, Aviation
Advertised: 12 Mar 2018 Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Open until filled